Images © - Taken From Article Source
Written by Taken From Article Source - Article added by AdamVaughan on 09-08-2012
The theme for this year’s Pride in Brighton and Hove will be the United Colours of Pride, as voted for by readers of The Argus.
Following a competition held in the paper, which attracted a wide range of suggestions, a panel of the festival’s organisers and the newspaper’s staff whittled it down to two suggestions: the United Colours of Pride and Triumphs and Tradgedies.
Pride Brighton & Hove are proud to announce that the Grammy nominated DJ duo Freemasons will be one of the headline acts in the Wild Fruit Dance tent this year. Brighton boys The Freemasons have played many huge Gay events like Sydney Mardi Gras and New York Pride are looking forward to playing at this huge LGBT event in their hometown.
They have had chart success with their own hits as well as remixing all the US heavyweights; Whitney, Beyonce, Kelly Rowland, Katy Perry and Kylie amongst others.
Fresh from his spectacular Amex stadium gigs, international superstar DJ and multi award winning dance institution, Fatboy Slim has agreed to headline the Wild Fruit Big Top at Brighton Pride along with the grammy nominated The Freemasons.
Both of these internationally renowned talents continue to show their unrelenting support for their home city of Brighton and Hove, establishing themselves with the LGBT community as true Brighton royalty. Paul Kemp from Wild Fruit, said: "We are thrilled that Norman has agreed to play at this years Pride. He's always been very supportive of our community over the years and has played several Wild Fruit fundraisers. "Norman and the Freemasons are two of the biggest names in the industry. They are both waving their fee's to support Pride, everything it stands for and raise as much money for the Rainbow Fund to distribute to our LGBT and HIV organisations. Amazing!"
Former X Factor winner, Alexandra Burke makes a welcome return to play the pop tent at Brighton Pride on September 1. The 3,000 capacity Pop Tent, hosted by Revenge club night Girls on Top will be fitted with amazing sound and lighting production for her return appearance to Pride.
The park is open from 12 noon through to 8pm. Over a series of days Preston Park will be transformed into one of the largest LGBT park event in Europe with something for everyone, from families to the hardened festival goer.
• Calabash Tent - Raising the profile of the Black and Minority Ethnic community in Brighton & Hove as well as showcasing the diversity of music.
• Legends Cabaret Tent - A firm favourite the cabaret tent featured the crème de la crème of the cabaret world.
• Club & Bar Revenge VIP Lounge - Extremely limited in availability, the VIP tickets give swift entry to Preston Park via your own VIP entrance, exclusive access to Moroccan themed Revenge VIP Lounge and dedicated bar, luxury VIP toilets, a glass of champagne on arrival, a themed lunch served from 12pm to 4pm, and VIP access to the dance, cabaret and pop tents. As a finishing touch you will also have your own dedicated hostess for the day.
• Girls on Top Pop Tent - For the very first time the Pride event on Preston Park will feature a 3000 capacity high thrills pop big top tent. The tent will feature an amazing sound system, fantastic lighting, dancers and out of this world special effects. The big top will be hosted by Revenge's multi award winning club night Girls On Top with a plethora of the UKs finest female DJ talent.
• The Community Village was home to over fifty stalls by local and national charities, groups and organisations. Some of which are donated free of charge by Pride to ensure those local LGBT groups who don't have the resources to finance a stall can be represented and have a voice.
• Wild Fruit Dance Tent - This massive 5,000 capacity dance tent will feature local, national and internationally renowned DJs all day.
• Federation of Disabled People Access Tent - A safe base and chill out for people with disabilities or mental health difficulties.
• Fun Fair - A popular attraction each year.
• Bears Tent - An extremely popular tent known for its exceptional house music policy featuring 8 of the best male DJs that Brightons diverse club scene has to offer, the bears tent will feature on Preston Park especially for the guys.
• Paul Wilde Line Dancing Tent - The Cactus Club, now incorporating Lines and Bears, is pleased to be back at Brighton Pride to provide an alternative dance tent.
We will teach throughout the day so the crowd can join in the fun or watch from the side lines.
• The Markets Stalls - Selling everything from toys, clothing, jewellery, DVDs and novelty gifts.
• Women's Performance Tent - A vibrant line-up of local and nationally-known women artists, including bands, singer/songwriters and comedians.
• Big Screen - For the third time park goers were treated to a huge screen which not only showed footage of the Pride Parade but also the sponsors logos and message as well as footage from across the park throughout the day.
The parade will start at 11am, 1st September from Madeira Drive, in front of the Brighton wheel. It will then follow:
- King’s Road
- West Street
- North Street, down to the Old Steine
- The A23 up to Preston Park
The proposal for the parade is to hold the event in the usual manner from the seafront (Madeira Drive) through the city via the clock tower and North Street, on through the Steine and London Road to a finish adjacent to Preston Park. The parade route, structure and times will be based on the model successfully operated in 2010 and 2011. The parade is used as both a showcase of LGBT awareness, tolerance and diversity within the city and for the individual groups participating. It also affords the opportunity to allow for charitable donations from members of the public.
Pride Brighton & Hove (Pride) has been formed as a community interest company (CIC) with an asset lock to use any profits generated to benefit the LGBT community within Brighton & Hove.
To return a minimum of £30,000 to charity as a result of their activities.
You can buy adult tickets now £12.50 in advance, saving the £5 off the on the day price.
Concession tickets for students, families and children are only available using the Shopping Cart on the website www.pridebrighton.org
Student/Under 18’s - £8.50
Adult Ticket - £12.50
Family Ticket - £30.00
Under 12’s - Free
Online Ticket purchases
There is no booking fee for buying tickets. £1 of your ticket price is donated to the Rainbow Fund.
Charitable giving on behalf of Pride will be coordinated through the Rainbow Fund, part of the Sussex Community Foundation (registered charity number 1113226).
The Rainbow Fund at Sussex Community Foundation is a charitable fund for the benefit of the Lesbian Gay Bisexual and Transgender Community in Brighton & Hove and to help maintain the Brighton & Hove AIDS Memorial.
Brighton & Hove area:
A Bar at the Amsterdam, Marine Parade
Bar Revenge, Marine Parade
Bar 56, George Street
Charles Street Bar, Marine Parade
Club Revenge, Old Steine
Cornell's Cafe, St James's Street
Legends, Marine Parade
Marine Tavern, Broad Street
Prowler Store, St James's Street
Queens Arms, George Street
Sussex Beacon Shop, St James's Street
Bedford Tavern, Western Street - coming soon
Brighton Sauna, Grand Parade
Brighton Tavern, Gloucester Road - coming soon
Doctor Brightons, Kings Road
Langelees Cafe Bar, York Place
112 Church Street (Bar), Church Street
Sussex Beacon Shop, George Street
London - Soho
Candy Bar, Carlise Street
Circa, Frith Street - coming soon
Ku Bar, Lisle Street, Chinatown
Prowler Store*, Rupert Street
Prowler Store, Stephenson Street
White Tiger Store
The Riverside Tavern
The London Hotel
The Stage, High Street